Create Segments Based Off Playbooks Activity
Playbooks are super powerful tools that can help you reach out to the right leads, at the right time. However, sometimes leads can slip through the cracks and dont end up interacting your message.
Or you want to send your leads another message, based off of how they interacted with a previous Playbook. The old method, of downloading the CSV in the Playbooks report no longer has to be your only way to automate your marketing with Drift!
You can now create segments in your Contacts View based off how your site visitors interacted with your Playbook!
The use-cases for this feature are endless, from sending your blog newsletter emails after using the Blog Subscriber Playbook, to re-targeting users who clicked on your Playbook on your pricing page, but never sent a message!
Here's How To Set It Up:
- Head to your Contacts tab in Drift, and Add a new Filter to your Contacts:
- You will see three options you can filter your contacts by: Property, Event, and Playbook. You can choose "Playbook":
- In your dropdown menu, you'll be able to choose which Playbook you want to create a segment based on!
Based on the kind of Playbook you've set up, you will have the ability to create segments based off of users who:
- Have received your message
- Responded to your message
- Opened your message
- Dismissed your message
- Reached the goal associated with your Playbook
For example: The "Dismiss" action only applies to Slider, takeover, and blog subscriber Playbooks.
- Once you've chosen the condition you want to segment based off of, and chosen "Is True" or "Is False", your Dynamic Segment will be created!
- You will want to Save your Dynamic Segment and name it
- Now you can use your new segment as your Audience for your retargeting Playbook!
Want to learn more about Marketing Automation with Drift? Check out our blog post!