Installing on HubSpot Hosted Pages:
If you'd like to connect Drift to your HubSpot hosted page you can install easily in Drift in your chat widget settings, under "Install" and connecting your HubSpot account. Make sure to toggle on the option to add the Drift widget to your hosted pages!
If you want to add Drift to one of your subdomains, in your HubSpot account, you will have to: Navigate to Content > Content Settings. In Page Publishing, under Select a Domain to Edit, choose your subdomain from the drop-down. Scroll down and you'll see an option for Drift with a checkbox to enable Drift :
With this integration, sales reps can tailor their outreach or follow up based on a certain activity, like viewing your pricing page. And marketers can create workflows or send emails based on conversations that have happened via Drift so every prospect gets a personal touch.
Here’s what the integration will get you…
- All new contacts added into HubSpot, from the moment you connect the integration and forward, will be synced in to Drift’s database. If you have contacts in HubSpot, those contacts will be recognized in Drift as well!
- Anytime a conversation that you have with a contact is closed in Drift, that will be logged as an event in the contact timeline in HubSpot
- Automatically identify users via the HubSpot cookie
- After integrating HubSpot with Drift, if somebody gets cookied via HubSpot (they filled out a HubSpot form, clicked on a link from a HubSpot email), the next time they come to your site, we'll already know who they are and their email address - it's like magic!
- If somebody is cookied but there is no contact email in HubSpot, when they do provide an email within a conversation, we'll create a form in HubSpot named "Drift" and make a submission to that form with that email and cookie.
- Note: This will only work from the moment this is turned on and forwards. It will not work with historically identified contacts
Since we’re sending events to HubSpot, you’ll also be able to create lists based on:
- New conversations
- Messages being sent
If you want to learn more about what Drift properties in Hubspot mean, click here.
Setting up the HubSpot integration
In order to get started, make sure that you have a Drift account. Get one for free if you don’t have one already.
Then, go here to setup the integration. Flip the switches on what you want enabled, login with your HubSpot credentials and you’re good to go.
Setup source tracking:
This will update the original source within HubSpot for all conversations coming through the Drift for all of your reporting and segmentation needs. There are two options for setup, check which option applies to you.
- If you’re using the HubSpot COS to host your website and landing pages, turn on the option to display Drift in your HubSpot hosted pages from within our integration settings.
If you want to learn more about what you can customize about the Drift experience, this doc should have whatever you need.
Not using Drift yet? It’s free to get started.