HubSpot IntegrationLast Updated: July 02, 2018
Installing on HubSpot Hosted Pages:
Important Things To Note:
- Our HubSpot integration is available only on Drift's Pro Plan and above.
- This integration requires a HubSpot account with API access (Basic, Professional, and Enterprise) turned on.
- The user who connects this integration also needs to be an superadmin in HubSpot.
- Drift works with HubsSpot's Marketing CRM and, as of now, not its Sales CRM
With the HubSpot integration, sales reps can tailor their outreach or follow up based on a certain activity, like viewing your pricing page. And marketers can create workflows or send emails based on conversations that have happened via Drift so every prospect gets a personal touch.
Here’s what the integration will get you…
- All new contacts added into HubSpot, from the moment you connect the integration and forward, will be synced in to Drift’s database. If you have contacts in HubSpot, those contacts will be recognized in Drift as well!
These contacts will be updated in HubSpot but it will take a minute or two because HubSpot does not update contact information until a conversation is closed.
- Anytime a conversation that you have with a contact is closed in Drift, that will be logged as an event in the contact timeline in HubSpot
HubSpot events are only available on the HubSpot Enterprise plan
Automatically identify users via the HubSpot cookie:
- After integrating HubSpot with Drift, if somebody gets cookied via HubSpot (they filled out a HubSpot form, clicked on a link from a HubSpot email), the next time they come to your site, we'll already know who they are and their email address - it's like magic!
- If somebody is cookied but there is no contact email in HubSpot, when they do provide an email within a conversation, we'll create a form in HubSpot named "Drift" and make a submission to that form with that email and cookie.
- Note: This will only work from the moment this is turned on and forwards. It will not work with historically identified contacts
If cookie identification is disabled, created contacts will be labeled in HubSpot as "Offline Source"
Below is what the Drift event looks like in the HubSpot timeline. To learn more about HubSpot Events, click here!
Since we’re sending events to HubSpot, you’ll also be able to create lists based on:
- New conversations
- Messages being sent
If you want to learn more about what Drift properties in Hubspot mean, click here.
Setting up the HubSpot integration
Go here and login with your HubSpot credentials.
Using the integrations page:
- Here is a status icon that let's you know if Hubspot and Drift are connected
- This is where you can go and install Drift onto your Hubspot hosted website
- Synced Hubspot Data is where users can choose to sync leads, lead owners, and send Drift activity data to HubSpot. You can also identify Drift visitors with the HubSpot cookie here
- Here you can choose to map which fields you want to add to new Hubspot Leads. These Drift attributes will be added to new Hubspot Leads when they’re created.
- The Mapped Hubspot Users tab lets you map your Drift Teammates to your Hubspot users or invite them to join the family!