HubSpot Attribute MappingLast Updated: February 11, 2019
If you use the HubSpot Integration, there might be some attributes you might want to map that are not defaulted in the Drift app.
These custom attributes can actually be mapped with the or in the backend, and transferred over to your HubSpot integration set up in a few steps that you can do in the Drift app!
If you are just getting started with Drift, you can upload a CSV of contacts that are assigned a certain attribute in the CSV. If you are already a Drift user and are looking to add custom attributes to your workflow now, you can skip this section!
Upload CSV and Assign Your Attribute to a Drift Attribute
You always need an "email" field to map into Drift in order for your CSV upload to be successful
Make sure to finish your import after you're done!
Mapping Custom Attributes to HubSpot
Once you've created a new attribute, head over the the HubSpot settings within the App Settings in Drift.
From there, find the Mapped Hubspot Attributes section.
Here you can select the Drift value that you'd like to map to a Hubspot value!
You can also write in your own Static attribute as well - this be the value that passes over for every record.
A common use case would be mapping the text "Drift" to the Hubspot "Lead Source"
(ex. Country = United States trying to map to a Country field that only accepts US)
Use Attributes for Targeted Reporting in Hubspot
Organizations may want to see which playbooks are creating the most leads in Hubspot. Below is a tip on how you can manage this with attribute mapping!
Let's use these playbooks as an example:
- When editing each playbook, head over to the Goals section and find the Bot Qualified goal
- Here, you can create a new goal for when a lead is qualified by each individual playbook
- For this example, we would add Home, Pricing, Products, and Support Qualified goals. Instead of Bot Qualified goals for all four.
- Then, you can go to the Apps section under Settings and map the Lead Stage to Hubspot
- This will cause Leads added to Hubspot to have a tag relevant to the playbook they engaged with