How to launch a bot with a button using #DriftLinksLast Updated: December 06, 2018
#DriftLinks provide a new opportunity to bring traffic to your LeadBot Playbooks. Now adding a #DriftLink to any page with Drift installed will automatically add a LeadBot to that page! You can now target customers for LeadBots through sharing links.
Think of the possibilities! All the places you can place links can now serve as an avenue to your LeadBots.
- Attach a link to a button to bring a customer to your page and kiss forms goodbye!
- Share a link to your social media to drive a whole new pool of traffic to your bots!
- If you can link it– you can do it. Read ahead to learn how Drift can help you change boring links into leads.
Here’s how to set up your #DriftLinks...
Select your Playbook
Click the Playbook icon, then New Playbook and Chat Playbook.
Name your #DriftLink
You’re good to go! Congratulations, you just created a #DriftLink!
If you change #DriftLink at anytime, your previous links for that LeadBot will no longer work. Be sure if you change your #DriftLink that you update all of your links!
Use your #DriftLink
Your Drift Link can be added to the end of any of your page’s URL and the selected LeadBot will be set up on that page!
Two important steps when using the DriftLink:
1. Make sure there is a # before the DriftLink's name
2. To avoid the page refreshing on every click, remove the trailing slash within the URL. This video goes into more detail about avoiding this refresh.
You can attach these links to buttons and text on your site or insert them in emails to drive your customers to a page with a LeadBot ready to go! Skip the forms and lost traffic, let Drift take the wheel and change your site visitors into leads.
Opening the #DriftLink from any button
A great usage for the #DriftLink would be to add it to the href of a button that you already have on your website, so that it will cause the conversation sidebar to pull up right on the side of the page instead of having a page refresh. An example of this would be Drift's "Get a Demo" button on our homepage (click here to access):
If you run into any trouble or have any questions, let us know. We’re here to help!
Not using Drift yet? Get your free account here.