Clearbit IntegrationLast Updated: January 28, 2019
All Drift plans have email enrichment powered by Clearbit.
Clearbit Enrichment auto-populates available contact and company information when site visitors provide an email.
Drift Intel uses Clearbit Reveal, which runs a reverse IP lookup to provide detailed company information in your Live View and Conversation View and allows for powerful Playbook & ABM Targeting.
How to set it up
Email Enrichment is active as soon as you get Drift and the same goes for Drift Intel with new Company and Enterprise plans!
Should you need to disconnect or reconnect with Clearbit:
- Go in your Settings and, under App Settings, find the "Apps" section and search for Clearbit.
- Below is what the Clearbit setup in Drift looks like.
Live View displays the name, current page, location, and number of open tabs of your site visitors.
Anonymous visitors will not have this information.
Clearbit Enrichment populates these fields with available information if the visitor has identified themselves with an email.
Drift Intel not only gathers this information before requiring an email, but also includes company details as well.
- Find the Live View section on the lefthand navigation bar.
The Conversation View is, of course, where you chat with your site visitors. The integration affects this view in a similar way as the Live View.
Clearbit Enrichment appends the contact with available company information if the they identify themselves with an email.
Drift Intel populates these fields before using the IP address without requiring an email.
- You can find the Conversation View on the lefthand navigation bar.
We wanted the conversation to keep most of the real estate, so the righthand sidebar includes two tabs with more details on the Person and the Company.
Drift Intel provides Bot and Pop Over playbooks with a full list of firmographic targeting conditions.
- When you create a Chat Playbook, find the Audience section.
- Click on Audience and Add a Condition
- The Clearbit options are under Firmographics
We know the power of sending personalized greetings to targeted accounts directly from the owner.
Drift Intel allows you to further customize these playbooks by expanding your available targeting conditions with Clearbit firmographics.
- Upload a CSV of your accounts or Sync them from Salesforce in the Accounts section
- Go to the Playbooks section and create a Chat Playbook
- In the playbook selector, the ABM Welcome Message is under Pop Over Playbooks
- Within the editor, under Targeting select Display - 1 Conditions and then Add a Condition
- Clearbit options are under Firmographics
When you're sending a Playbook (in-app or email), you may want to send a personalized message that mentions the contact's name, company, or more.
The "Personalization" tool in a Playbook's message editor provides a quick and convenient way to tailor your message to the user it's addressing.
In the editor, edit your question, greeting, or email body and click the Personalization tag:
This will bring up a drop down of all your contact and Clearbit attributes.
Once you select one, you can customize a default text to use if the information isn't available. For example, "Hey Drift!" vs. "Hey there!
Here's what it looks like!
If you're technical and want to look into this a little bit more, here's the library we use for these tags.
Integrate with Salesforce?
You can map the following information gathered by Drift Intel into your CRM!
- employment name
- employment title
- zip code