Admin and User Roles
Sometimes, you don't want everyone who has a Drift login to be able to access billing, change your widget settings, and more. That's why we built admin roles.
In order to set admin roles:
- Go to your team settings page
- Click on the checkboxes next to somebody's name
- Click the "Edit permissions" button that appears
- Then, change the permissions!
There are two types of admin roles (available in all paid plans):
An admin has access to everything in Drift.
There is nothing they can't access.
A user is generally somebody who is mainly using Drift to answer leads or customers that message you through Drift.
Things they get access to:
- The inbox view (to see all conversations)
- The contacts view (to see all contacts in your system and create segments)
- Their profile settings
- Their calendar settings
- Their notification settings
- The ability to change their status
- The ability to search all conversations
- The ability to view the Drift conversation stats report
Things they can't access:
- The ability to access, view, or edit billing
- The ability to create, edit or view campaigns or bot replies (only available in paid accounts)
- The ability to change any of the settings related to the widget (styling, customization, hours, etc)
- The ability to edit, add, or remove other users in Drift
- The ability to edit your Drift team directory
- The ability to export contacts in the contacts view
- Any settings around integrations
- Any settings for tags, installation, routing, saved replies
Here is what a User's app looks like.
You'll notice that elements in the left-hand navigation are hidden.