Create Segments Based Off Playbooks ActivityLast Updated: September 28, 2018
Playbooks are super powerful tools that can help you reach out to the right leads, at the right time. However, sometimes leads can slip through the cracks and don't end up interacting with your message. You may also want to send your leads another message based off of how they interacted with a previous Playbook.
We have created a simple way to identify these contacts. You can now create segments from your contacts page based off how your site visitors interacted with your Playbooks!
The use-cases for this feature are endless, from sending your blog newsletter emails after using the Playbook, to re-targeting users who clicked on your Playbook on your pricing page, but never sent a message!
Here's How To Set It Up:
- Head to your Contacts tab in Drift, click on the segments tab, then click "New Segment."
- You will see three options you can filter your contacts by: Attribute, Playbook Events, and Raw Events. In this situation, choose "Playbook Events":
- In the pop out menu, you'll be able to choose which Playbook you want to create a segment based on!
Based on the kind of Playbook you've set up, you will have the ability to create segments based off of users who:
- Have received your message
- Responded to your message
- Opened your message
- Dismissed your message
- Gave their Email
- Reached the goal associated with your Playbook
For this example, we will use a test playbook where a user hits a goal of "LeadBot Qualified."
For example: The "Dismiss" action only applies to Slider, takeover, and blog subscriber Playbooks.
- Once you've chosen the condition you want to filter your segment by, you must choose whether you will be filtering by this variable ad if it is present, is not present, is before, or not before a specified date, or is after or is not after a specific date. Once you choose one of these options your Dynamic Segment will be created!
- You will want to Save your Dynamic Segment and name it.
- Now you can use your new segment as an audience for a chat or email Playbook!
Want to learn more about Marketing Automation with Drift? Check out our blog post!