Drift Meetings (Google Calendar scheduling integration)
Use Drift to allow your leads, prospects, and customers book meetings with you directly from your Drift Profile, right from within a Drift conversation, through our API or by sharing a direct scheduling link.
In a matter of minutes, you can integrate your Google Calendar with Drift and share your Drift Profile. From there, somebody can click on a button to schedule a meeting with you and book a time on your calendar.
The integration will automatically check your busy time slots and make sure that meetings never get double-booked for you. It's like magic!
Once somebody books a time to meet with you, both you and the lead/prospector/customer will get an email with a calendar invite. It's as easy as that!
Here's how it works...
you'll be asked to create a meeting type.
From there, you have a few settings to configure:
- Meeting Name: This is what will display as the meeting name in the Drift chat widget when somebody is scheduling the meeting. Additionally, it is what the name of the calendar invite will be
- Duration: This is how long the calendar invites will be set for. At the moment, you can only have one meeting length
- Meeting Location: You might want to put a link to your video conferencing software here or leave your phone number. Use this as a way to explain to the person booking a meeting how you plan to connect
- Invite Description: This is the description that will show up in the calendar invite
- Your timezone: This is the timezone you operate in and how you want meetings booked
- Your Availability: This is the window of time that somebody can book meetings with you. This is so that, even though you're available at 3am, nobody can book meetings with you during times you don't want to meet
- Buffer Time: This is the amount of time that must be empty on your calendar in order for a next meeting to be booked to make sure that you have time in case calls run late. For example, if your buffer time is 15 minutes, that means if you have a meeting from 2:00 - 2:30, the next available meeting that somebody can book on your calendar will be 2:45.
- Minimum Notice Time: This is the minimum amount of time that it needs to be from now (the moment somebody is trying to book you) before somebody can book a next meeting with you. For example, if your minimum notice time is 30 minutes and it's currently 2:53pm, the next available slot will be for 3:30pm so that somebody doesn't book you at 3pm and you have time to prepare for the call.
- An email reminding you that you have a meeting will be sent 2 times
- One day before the meeting
- 10 minutes before the meeting
- They look like this in your inbox
Ways to use Drift meetings...
- You can send somebody your drift profile URL and tell them to press the button to schedule a meeting with you. You can find your profile URL here. Make sure you set your profile to public!
- From within a conversation in Drift, click on the calendar icon. Once you click on a calendar, your Driftbot will jump right into the conversation and help the visitor book a time in the calendar you chose
Sharing a direct link that automatically triggers the scheduling flow. You can add ?schedule to the end of your profile URL and going to that link will automatically open a new conversation with the bot asking the visitor to book a meeting with you.
Through the Widget API, you can make a link or button anywhere on your site open up the scheduling flow via Drift. You'll want to use the api.scheduleMeeting(driftUserId); method. You'll need to ask us for your Drift User ID to pick which calendar to trigger. Just ask us and we'll gladly provide it!