Admin and User Roles
Sometimes, you don't want everyone who has a Drift login to be able to access billing, change your widget settings, and more. That's why we built admin roles.
There are two types of admin roles (available in all paid plans):
An admin has access to everything in Drift.
There is nothing they can't access.
A user is generally somebody who is mainly using Drift to answer leads or customers that message you through Drift.
Things they get access to:
- The inbox view (to see all conversations)
- The contacts view (to see all contacts in your system and create segments)
- Their profile settings
- Their calendar settings
- Their notification settings
- The ability to change their status
- The ability to view the Drift conversation stats report
- The ability to search conversations
Things they can't access:
- The ability to access, view, or edit billing
- The ability to create, edit or view Playbooks or bot replies (only available in paid accounts)
- The ability to change any of the settings related to the widget (styling, customization, hours, etc)
- The ability to edit, add, or remove other users in Drift
- The ability to edit your Drift team directory
- The ability to export contacts in the contacts view
- Any settings around integrations
- Any settings for tags, installation, routing, saved replies
Here is what a User's app looks like:
You'll notice that elements in the left-hand navigation are hidden.
Controlling Conversation Access of Users
Administrators can control which conversations users will have access too.
Why? Click here to learn about the benefits of controlling conversation access.
When the User role is selected, a drop down menu labeled Conversation Access with appear. There are three types of access a user can have...
All Conversations - the User has access to all conversations, regardless of participant.
Their Conversations and Ones with No Participation - the User only has access to conversations they are participants of or have no current participants.
Only Their Conversations - the User only has access to conversations they are already participants of.
If you run into any trouble or have any questions, let us know. We’re here to help!