How to Create and Use Meeting Types
You now have the option to completely customize the meetings visitors book on your calendar through Drift. This new setting allows you to have complete control over your calendar and spend your time where you need to.
How to Create a New Meeting Type
First, navigate to your calendar settings page and click "New Meeting Type."
Next, you'll be presented with this window.
Since this is a brand new setting, let's go through each piece one-by-one.
- Here you can change the meeting duration. At the moment your options are: 10, 15, 30, 45, and 60 minutes.
- This is where you name your meeting; it will appear as the event title on calendars once the meeting's booked.
- The meeting URL is fully customizable - make it something easy to remember so you can send it at the right moment!
- A location isn't required but it can help remind meeting attendees later on in case they forget.
- You can also add a description or any additional information to the meeting.
Once you create your new meeting type, it will appear under your meeting types in the My Calendar window.
How to Use New Meeting Types
For now, these new meetings can only be booked through their associated URL. When a visitor clicks the Schedule a Meeting button on your Drift profile, that meeting will still be the default 30 minute long meeting. New meeting types can be used in place of the default meetings in any place where you are sending a URL - whether you're hyperlinking in a Playbook or have a "schedule a meeting" link in your email signature.
When a visitor clicks that link, they'll be presented with the same scheduling flow as the default meeting. They will be able to select the date of the meeting and the time slot based on your availability and settings.
And here's what the email confirmation for your site visitor looks like: