Using the Drift Chrome Extension
Introducing the Drift Extension!
Alongside email tracking of opens, clicks, and page views, our extension empowers you to have real-time conversations with the people you've emailed while they're on your website.
The Drift Extension is available for your Google Chrome Browser when using Gmail.
Using the Extension
Now, that you've set up the extension, when you send an email to a user, you'll see a 'Send with Drift' button enabled.
You can have a conversation with anyone who clicks on the link you generated using 'Send With Drift'!
When they arrive at your site, they will be greeted by a personalized message with your face on it, and when they respond to the greeting, you'll be able to open the extension to click 'Reply' and chat away!
From the Extension, you can monitor opens, page views, and clicks in real time.
Browser Notification Settings
Here you can completely customize what types of notifications you get and who they're about.
From here, you can customize the types of notifications you receive. Our current options are notifications for:
- When a user you're following has visited your site
- When someone clicks the link in an email you sent with Drift
- When someone opens your email sent with Drift
You can also choose to ignore the activity from certain domains. Don't want to know when your coworker clicks an email you sent out with Drift? Just put in your email domain and you won't be bothered with the notification!
You also have the option to mute notifications from a specific user or from anyone from a certain domain right in the Activity view.
- Click your avatar in the lower-left corner
- Click "My Settings"
- Navigate to the "My Account" tab
- Click "Notifications" and set your preferences
In this tab, you can set notifications to appear for all conversations, those you're in or that have no participant, only those that you're in, or none.
Tracking Your Emails in Your CRM
You can automatically send email copies to your CRM to log activity. Drift will add the address to the BCC field every time so you don't have to!
Is your Welcome Message not appearing on your site?
- Do you have at least one 'Greet Outbound Prospects You Emailed" playbook set up? The playbook will target all reps with the extension by default.
- If someone has already been identified in Drift, and you open the link from Drift in that browser, then it will maintain their old identity and will not rewrite it. Try opening it up in an incognito window. It should bypass this now!
- Make sure your ORG URL is set up (you might be sending to a link that doesn’t have drift installed, OR they don’t have their ORG URL set up)