Install Drift with your ShopifyLast Updated: December 06, 2018
Looking for a way to easily answer your customers' questions on Shopify? Whether they have a quick question about pricing or need help making a purchase, Drift enables you to give fast, valuable answers to their every need.
Sign up for Drift for free at app.drift.com/letsgo/setup/start
Okay, but how do I start?
1. First things first, click the settings gear on the left hand side of your Drift interface, and go to App Settings > Chat Widget > Install.
2. Choose Shopify from the list, and click 'Connect Account'.
3. Once you've clicked 'Connect Account', it will ask for the domain of your shop. If you're unsure of where to find your shop's domain, you can go to the 'Domains' section of the Online Store on the left of the Shopify interface.
4. Once you reach the below screen, you will click 'Install Unlisted App' and hit 'Authorize'
5. You will then be given the opportunity to choose where on your Shopify page you would like the Drift plugin to be enabled. You must choose the 'Everywhere' option in order for Drift to work properly on your site!
8. Once you've added the snippet into the <head> section, go to Drift and double check to ensure that your widget is turned on. Then hop over to your Shopify site and see if the Chat Widget Icon is visible. The Chat Widget looks like this (or something similar if you have customized it in your settings):
Will Drift affect page load times?
Actually, no! Your site will load just as fast as it does without Drift installed. Drift is loaded asynchronously, which means it won't slow down your page or prevent users from interacting with your site. It actually lets the rest of the site load first before Drift loads itself. Drift also uses a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to ensure that Drift appears as efficiently as possible, no matter where in the world your users are coming from!
Not using Drift yet? Get your free account here.