Drift's HubSpot IntegrationLast Updated: November 19, 2018
- Installing on HubSpot hosted pages
- Requirements for the integration
- Functionalities of the integration
- Identifying known HubSpot users
- Setting up the connection
Installing on HubSpot Hosted Pages:
- Our HubSpot integration is available only on Drift's Pro Plan and above.
- This integration requires a HubSpot account with API access (Basic, Professional, and Enterprise) turned on.
- The user who connects this integration also needs to be an superadmin in HubSpot.
- Drift works with HubSpot's Marketing CRM and, as of now, not its Sales CRM.
- Drift sends Events to HubSpot, which are only available on the HubSpot Enterprise plan.
HubSpot Integration Functionalities
Here’s what the integration will do for you…
- All new contacts added into Drift, from the moment you connect the integration and forward, will be synced in to HubSpot's database as soon as they provide their email.
- If you have contacts in HubSpot, those contacts will be recognized by Drift as well using HubSpot's cookie!
- When a conversation is closed in Drift, we sync attributes for the contact.
- We also log the Drift conversation link as an event on the HubSpot record.
Automatically identify users via the HubSpot cookie:
- After integrating HubSpot with Drift, if somebody gets cookied via HubSpot (they filled out a HubSpot form, clicked on a link from a HubSpot email), the next time they come to your site, we'll already know who they are and their email address - it's like magic!
- If somebody is cookied but there is no contact email in HubSpot, when they do provide an email within a conversation, we'll create a form in HubSpot named "Drift" and make a submission to that form with that email and cookie.
- Note: This will only work from the moment this is turned on and forwards. It will not work with historically identified contacts
Below is what the Drift event looks like in the HubSpot timeline. To learn more about HubSpot Events, click here!
Since we’re sending events to HubSpot, you’ll also be able to create lists based on:
- New conversations
- Messages being sent
If you want to learn more about what Drift properties in Hubspot mean, click here.
Setting up the HubSpot integration
Go here and login with your HubSpot credentials.
Using the Drift Settings > App Settings > Apps page:
- Here is a status icon that let's you know if Hubspot and Drift are connected
- This is where you can go and install Drift onto your Hubspot hosted website
- Synced Hubspot Data is where users can choose to sync leads, lead owners, and send Drift activity data to HubSpot. You can also identify Drift visitors with the HubSpot cookie here
- Here you can choose to map which fields you want to add to new Hubspot Leads. These Drift attributes will be added to new Hubspot Leads when they’re created.
- The Mapped Hubspot Users tab lets you map your Drift Teammates to your Hubspot users or invite them to join the family!