Eloqua & DriftLast Updated: February 05, 2019
Eloqua and Drift
Our native integration with Eloqua allows users to combine the power of the Drift Conversational Marketing Platform with the Eloqua Marketing Automation Platform in order to drive dynamic, personalized engagement.
- What the integration can do
- Integration setup
- Sync Settings and Configuration
What the Integration Can Do
The integration can send information from Drift to Eloqua, once a lead is qualified in Drift and the conversation is closed, the following will happen:
- A Contact record is created in Eloqua
- Any attributes specified in the mappings are sent over with the record
- You can also choose to have the chat transcript send over as well
If there is already a contact in Eloqua associated with the email address captured by Drift, we'll update that record according to your configuration!
1. The Eloqua integration can be found in the Integrations Settings within the Drift platform.
- Settings > App Settings > Integrations
- Search for Eloqua!
2. When you first click into the Eloqua integration, you'll see a "Connect" button.
3. You'll be asked to authorize certain permission for Eloqua to access information in Drift.
4. You'll be asked to sign in with the email and password associated with your Eloqua account.
5. After these steps, you're ready to start both configuring and taking advantage of the integration!
Sync Settings and Configuration
Once your Drift and Eloqua accounts are connected, all you need to do is setup the Sync Settings and map the contact attributes you want to send over to Eloqua!
Synced Eloqua Data
In this section, simply check the box to have records sent from Drift to Eloqua.
This is where you can choose to send the conversation transcript along with any records Drift creates or updates.
You can also specify which Drift records are sent to Eloqua, by setting a required minimum CQL score for the sync.
Automatically Setting a CQL Score and Closing the Conversation
Manually Setting a CQL Score and Closing a Conversation
Mapped Eloqua Attributes
Now that we're having Drift create the Lead records, let's make sure they come in with the right information!
Using Mapped Eloqua Attributes you can send the data that is gathered in Drift (either automatically or manually) directly into Eloqua, and make sure it is assigned to the right fields.
Simply identify the attribute in Drift and match it up with the attribute in Eloqua!
Mapping the attributes is relatively intuitive, here are a few things to note:
- Match the correct type! String/Text values go to String/Text values, Dates go to Dates, etc.
- The Default Value column is the value Drift will send if the attribute is blank.
- A Static Value is something we send consistently every time we sync. (here's a clip on how to set it)
- Drift defaults to adding records or updating blank fields on existing ones, use the Overwrite toggle to update any existing attributes.
In the screenshot above:
- Drift is sending over the name and email of contacts to the respective fields in Eloqua.
- To differentiate Leads in Eloqua, we decided to send a "Drift" static value into the Lead Status field as well - this happens for all records we create.
- If a contact comes in and identifies his or her title (let's say, Marketing Manager), we'll send that to Eloqua. If they return in the future with a new title (let's say, VP of Marketing), Drift will update that field because of the overwrite toggle.
- Lastly, we made sure to send the Date value for "chat_activated" over to another Date field in Eloqua.
You can create new attributes on either side and these will show up in the dropdown selector.
Event Logs are a handy tool you can use to see any errors that may come up, or to ensure a successful sync. You can find the Eloqua Event Logs here, or on the main Eloqua Integration page in Drift.
Here you can see:
- When Drift successfully creates an Eloqua contact.
- When Drift successfully updates an Eloqua contact.
- What error message we receive from Eloqua if we failed to create or update a contact.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to chat in!