Create or Add to a Dynamic Contact Segment When Importing Contacts Into DriftLast Updated: December 16, 2018
When you import contacts into Drift to use for segmentation, you can create a dynamic segment by associating a property name to the import to add to the dynamic segment!
This will allow you to add to existing dynamic segments rather than having to edit an existing segment and saving them as new! When you add a new CSV to a list of contacts, all you will have to do is map the CSV attribute to the users.
Here's How To Set It Up:
- Click on the contacts tab of your left sidebar on your Drift account.
- This will bring you to the page of all your contacts.
- On the top of right of this page, there is a button with a downward facing arrow.
- Click this button and select Upload Contact from the drop down menu.
- Once you click "Upload Contact", you will brought to a page with a light gray field in the middle.
- Either drag and drop your CSV file into this field OR click on it and manually select the file you wish to upload.
Map Columns to Attributes
After selecting a CSV to upload, make sure you map the columns accordingly!
- The data read from the file will be listed in a table below the title Map Columns to Attributes.
- This will list the column title, a preview of the data in that column, and the associated Drift attribute.
Once you finish the upload - Your list of contacts will be added to Drift AND there will be a dynamic Segment named after the title of your CSV!
View Your Segment
After uploading the CSV, you can find the created segment easily!
Go go Contacts, select the Segments tab, and search the title of your CSV!
In this view you can use the "Manage members" dropdown to:
- Examine details of your segment
- Export the segment as a CSV
- Clear out the contacts in this segment
- Delete the segment entirely