Install Drift on your WordPress site
It’s free to use Drift in WordPress. All you need is a drift account! Get yours here.
New to Drift?
If you’re new to Drift and don’t already have an account follow these steps:
- Visit the Drift homepage and enter your email address to signup for a free account.
- Visit your WordPress site and login into your Admin section. E.g. http://yoursitehere/wp-admin/
- Follow the instructions below to get setup.
Already have a Drift account?
- Login to your WordPress Admin section, select the Add New screen under Plugins and search for Drift. (E.g. http://yoursitehere/wp-admin/)
- Select the Drift WordPress plugin and click Install.
After installation find the Drift WordPress Plugin and click the Activate link.
Find the Drift link in your header
Select Enabled and click this link to get your widget code.
Check 'Drift Identify' if you want Drift to recognize your logged in users
Find you widget embed code and click Copy.
Copy the widget code into the snippet section and click Save Changes.
You’re done! Congratulations!!! 🎉🎉🎉
Keep in mind that if you’re using a caching plugin in WordPress, it may take a few hours for the Drift widget to show up on your site. If it isn’t showing up, try clearing your cache and that should get it live. Let us know if we can help out!
Not using Drift yet? Get your free account here.