How can I block a user? (IP address blocking)
Sometimes, you have a person saying inappropriate or offensive things. Or, they're reaching a point where you no longer want to allow them to contact you and your team.
Now, you can block a user's IP address. Here's how:
- From a conversation, click on the gear icon in the top right corner
- From there, click on "Block User"
- Then, confirm that you wish to block that user
Things to know
- Once you block a user a customer tag will be added to the user saying "BLOCKED" so you can create a filter of everyone who you blocked
- As soon as a user is blocked, they will no longer be able to send you messages through Drift. For now, they will still see the Drift widget, but if they try to send a message, it will not go through.
- Once blocked, a user can't be unblocked
- This blocks based on IP Address. So, if you block a user, you're blocking anybody else using that IP address.
- It's important to note that some regions of the world have a limited number of IP addresses, so blocking one IP address can block more than one address