Install Drift on WixLast Updated: August 03, 2018
Through some help from one of our customers, we've finally come up with a solution for people who are trying to install Drift on their Wix sites!
Grabbing the Code from Drift
- First off, you'll need to sign up for the account here if you don't already have one.
- Upon signing up and entering the needed info, you'll reach a page that gives you two options, one that says 'I'll install it myself' and one that says 'Send to a teammate'.
- Click the button that says 'I'll Install it myself', and once you click that, you'll be lead to another page that gives you the option to choose kind of website host you're putting the widget on and how to do so (e.g. Wordpress, Shopify, etc.).
Installing the Widget on Wix
In a separate tab, go onto your Wix site and follow the steps below in order to complete installation.
1) Get onto your Wix website via the Wix Website Editor and grab an HTML box. Place it at the bottom right of your screen.
2) Now, paste the code into the box and press 'Apply.' Expand the box if necessary. If you did it right, your widget should look like this
3) In order to make sure that when you are scrolling down the widget continues to follow you instead of remaining static and moving up with the page, right click the HTML box. When the list of options come up, press 'Pin to Screen'.
4) That will bring up a page that allows you to select what area of the screen you'd like to pin the widget to. We recommend the bottom right corner, but you can feel free to select whichever one you'd like.
5) Don't forget to publish your latest changes, before going back to the Drift tab you have open.
Confirm Drift is Installed on Wix
Now that Drift should be installed on your Wix site, return to the Drift page that you have open in the other tab, and enter in your site URL to confirm that Drift is properly installed.